Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Anonymity

Posting Kvetchetiquette 101:

We Ette's are busy girls. Each and every day (with the exception of the weekends - those are the lords' days, and lord knows we are hungover on them anyway) we bring you posts. We have been diligent, witty, funny and addictive for those of you that like us. And we appreciate our readerettes, we really do. But lately we've been getting a little ferklempt over the issue of anonymous commenting.

You know us. You know everything about us from when we fart and poo at work to picking our nose under the watchful eyes of others. You know our shoe sizes our emotional issues and our favorite desserts (carrot cake and carvel). We open ourselves up to you, in moments of weakness, moments of frustration, moments of angst. And what do some of you give us in return? Mean, two-snaps-girlfriend comments, attacking our every word. Now don't get us wrong - the name of the game is funny and mean. So go right ahead and humor-bash us up. The problem we have is with the readerettes who don't have the chutzpah to even put their names. Or even come up with fake names! I'd much rather be scoffed at by Spitzer's Defense Attorney or Harry Balzac. You can torment us till the cows come home. But there's something grating about being teased by Anonymous. It's just not right.

So stand up and show yourselves, Anonymettes. If you are going to mock our creativity and Jewcy humor, at least have the Harry Balzac to identify yourself. We do.


Sincerely and truly yours,
Your favorite gals Ette1 + Ette2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the interest of forming a lasting friendship, here goes.

I typically poop as soon as I get out of bed. It takes me about 30 min, because I like to read and relax while I take care of business. I was never allowed to go out for recess when I was in kindergarten, and I hate people who can't merge on or off the interstate. I am not witty, so I can never come up with a clever name, but I will make more of an effort. (I tried this time but my head started to hurt, so I gave up). I like people, but I hate being around them. Ette1, what's your prognosis?.

Anonymous said...

What would it take to get one of the Ettes to service my surname?