Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This has been bugging me


Have you heard about this guy who's transgender - went and got reassignment surgery and everything, but kept his female reproductive organs, and now he's knocked up?! That's right a man is preggers.

I'm sorry but I take issue. The one thing we've got that guys don't (other than the big boobs and taste in clothes) is the fact that we have the babies. If you are going to all this trouble to change your sex, remove the boobs, grow a stash and have us all call you Bob - then you give up your right to bear children. This is not some homophobic stance - I love the gays, and I love the transgenders too, and I understand the desire to have kids, but really now we're playing with nature and not in a good way. There are reasons women have the babies - it's because our bodies are made to care for them - sorry guys but that's what the boobies are for!

Sure I'd love to be a man, able to fart in public with no one complaining, sleep with countless people and not be called a slut, buy pants without having to try them on. But no I remain female because I hope to be a mom one day (that - and the shoes are prettier). I hope this is a one-time case, and I wish good luck to this kid. I'm in therapy cause I'm a middle child, I can't imagine how screwed up this kid is going to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what public areas you hang around in, but people complain when I fart in public.