Sunday, April 13, 2008

Work It, Girl

I pretty much love Bravo. They own some of the all-time greats of the reality type. Project Runway, Top Chef, Blow Out, and Work Out. Work Out is an interesting one - it's probably the most ironic of them all because it's half an hour of watching personal trainers and their clients work their asses off in a gym to lose weight, tone, whatever. And here you are, sitting like the fat ass you are, on the sofa with a glass of wine watching people work out. It's kind of ridiculous. No, it's pretty much a lot ridiculous. But I love it, and I'll tell you why.

Two words: Jackie Warner. She is the lesbo who runs the gym in LA the show is about. She is butchy and she means business. And there is something about her that drives me crazy. I have a crush on her.


Seriously. I thought I had to be the only straight, married chick to be watching this show and secretly crushing on this lady. I told husbandette once about my crush when he asked me why on earth I watched a reality show of people doing squats and fighting over free weights. I told him flat out: Jackie Warner. And he laughed, and laughed and laughed. And then he told me I was crazy, and I was strange, and she was gross. Hmph. He's obviously just jealous. I'm not swayed.


But then today I opened the NY Times and there smack in front of me, front and center, is a 1,500 word article on how American Housewives Have Crushes on Jackie Warner. Yup, me and thousands of other sexually repressed honeys are after Ms. Warner. We want her to tighten our buns, strengthen our abs, and stand on our back while we do push-ups - a must at Jackie's gym. What does that mean?

Gotta run, I'm off to the gym.

No comments: