Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh. MY. Uterus.




Wow. Total shocker as I was reading my online news summaries this evening. According to a new study by University Medical Center Utrecht in the Netherlands says while menopause for most women hits us over the head between the ages of 40 and 50, there isn't really an average age to go by to mark the end of your fertilitious potential. Basically, the study is showing that some women begin menopause as early as 30.

Oy.

Like I didn't have enough shit to be worried about, now with 30 in my imminent future I can worry that my biological clock may completely shut down in a matter of weeks. Great. Not only is this another excuse for husbandette to get more bedroom action, it's cause for serious worry, which means more drinking or anti-anxiety meds, which isn't good for conceiving, but how do you deal because you're so stressed out that your time is going to be up soon and the sweats will take over, and oh my...round and round we go...I am freaking out already. I am so not ready to start losing my mind. I am already forgetful. I have enough OCD's as it is. I don't need to start forgetting where I parked my car, or getting freakishly hot in the dead of winter. It's not my time! It's not my time!!!!

Why is it just when you've relaxed a bit and started to accept your life and your age and you have the notion that life isn't so bad, you won't die from brain cancer for using your cell phone too much, diet coke won't kill you and yes, you locked the back door, and before you can stop and even smell the friggin flowers someone has to come out with some stupid study results like this. I could just hop a flight to Amsterdam right now and pop a cap in that Doc's ass.

I gotta go, I have to go check my basal body temp.

No comments: