Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ok, so I made a little mistake at work


No one is dead, I’m not a doctor who dropped a scalpel or anything, I push lipstick so it’s not really going to injure anyone, but none-the-less a an error was made, I can’t really blame it on anyone else (or I haven’t thought of a way to blame it on someone else yet) so I have to suck it up and apologize. Not my favorite activity. In case you are wondering, I forgot to account for about 110k in account spending and so now I have to make up for it in my current budget – which basically wipes out everything we were planning to do for the rest of the year – but still – I don’t think it can be completely blamed on me – their accounting system is stupid, and I’m not a CPA or whatever, I don’t even know what that stands for. Usually in my real life I never have to admit mistakes. I’m not wrong often, and if I am, I can basically find a way to explain that I’m actually not, and most of the time it works. Pants hates this tactic of mine but I think he’d agree I’m right about it. Right Pants? Anyway, I can’t seem to talk my way out of this one. And the worst part is that this client loves me and thinks I’m great at everything. It wouldn’t matter if it was for a client who thought I sucked cause it wouldn’t stand out, but this client thinks I poo rainbows so now it will probably sour their image of me. Which makes me think I should just go ahead and blame it on someone else. I mean the truth is, if I were getting proper support from the people under me and I didn’t have to basically do their work for them, then I’d have the time to work on my budgets without distraction. And I’m just one person, there’s only so much I can do in a day, mistakes are bound to happen when working under these strenuous conditions. I think I’ll ask for a raise and an assistant. That would be the only way to ensure I’m able to do the job that is expected of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My lil' Ette actually admit wrongdoing? Hell hath officially begun to freeze over.

Seriously though, I smell personal growth.

Anonymous said...

NP but your VP title is about to be DOA.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there when you admit you're wrong. In my 27 years of knowing you, I've never heard that sweet, sweet music. Geez, I'm actually crying, can you believe that? I'm crying! You've made me so happy ette1!