Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What Happens in Vague Ass...Part 1

I'm back, bitches. It's been a long and fruitful weekend, I'm happy to report, and I look forward to sharing it with you readerettes. I think I will break this up into intervals so as not to overwhelm any of you with my nail-biting experiences, so bear with me.

The JetsEttes (husbandette and myself) headed off to Phoenix last Thursday for lil' sis-in-laws high school graduation. Yes, husbandette has a sister half his age, 'tis true. Either that or he's been lying to me about his age all this time...

So back to AZ. We arrive to some cold, breezy and rainy weather. The AZettes are dismayed at this bizarre weather, as are we - a couple of NYers ready for some fun in the sun. Sis-ettes graduation is taking place in an outdoor stadium, and forecast ain't looking good. Neither are my clothing options packed tidily in my rolly-case. Hmph.

We meet Stanley, the newest addition to the family. He arrived three weeks premature, and was just shy of three weeks when we were there. We were all baffled by the fact that this little man (who had the most insane facial expressions and hand gestures) was actually still supposed to be in Cousin Rhea's belly. This of course made Stanley all the more fascinating to us. His sister Stella, also fascinating, has made my top 5 list of favorite people, for sure. She's about 30 pounds of huggable, tickleable goodness and I can't get enough of her and her gorgeous smile. You Kowitz's have some good genes.
Graduation went well - meaning, she graduated, woohoo! Albeit from a senior class of 750, in the freezing, windy cold of an AZ stadium in freak-weather, 2 hours goes by like jail time. Except for that valedictorian's speech. Something insightful about how in school you are taught things and then tested, and in life you are tested and thus taught a lesson. Deep thoughts, man. Pass that joint...



That, my friends, is the end of day 1. A little late night suburban Phoenix Cheesecake Factory pit stop and tuck me in to bed - I'm pooped. And I have to poop.

No comments: