Friday, May 30, 2008

Wear a helmet...


During my morning snooze-fest this am, I found it difficult to drift off back into dreamland – I was having a lovely dream about hosting a party at my parents house, my grandparents who had passed were there and everyone was dressed up all pretty and I was greeting everyone at the door and I smelled great! And I wanted to go back and spend some time there, but the roar of helicopters above kept me away. Then came the sirens and it was eerily familiar to 9/11. But as far as we know terrorists aren’t behind giant crane collapses – just irresponsible construction crews. Another huge crane took a tumble on 91st street about five blocks north of my apt. Of course this was like the only night Pants didn’t stay with my so little Bam and I were alone and unprotected – as if he could save us from falling debris – but still you want your loved ones close when there’s danger near by – still haven’t heard from my sister who seems not to care about my life at all.

Anyway of course I lived, I was nowhere near the incident but it raises concerns none-the-less. This is the second crane accident in a couple months and these things are all over the freaking place uptown. So now while walking down the street in addition to looking out for terrorists, trying to dodge madman cab drivers, avoid out-of-control bike messengers and delivery guys, not stepping on dog poop, ignoring homeless beggars and trying to not make eye contact with crazy people, I have to keep an eye on the sky for teetering cranes. Oy, maybe I’ll move to Nebraska – nothing happens there right?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Problems in Jewtopia? Try moving somewhere more delicious.

Anonymous said...

...like Hershey PA!

Anonymous said...

I use this for a looser curl and it works well. I like Moroccan Oil products and this is a solid one. It hasn't been life changing and I haven't used it

alone to really see what it does but it works well with the David Babaii Bohemian Beach Spray for nice loose curl.

Anonymous said...

I have naturally curly hair that can sometimes get very frizzy and look disastrous! Very few products show lasting results, but this is one of them.

MoroccanOil makes my hair looks less frizzy and feels softer to the touch. This definitely helps tame my mane!

Anonymous said...

This product is perfect for my curly hair. It leaves it looking beautiful w/o being

crunchy. I live in a very humid place and I've finally got my go-to product. It's taken me years to find something this good!

Anonymous said...

Я извиняюсь, однако, по-моему, Вы не правы. Могу отстоять свою позицию. Пишите мне в PM, обсудим. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-v-moskve/86-stoimost-stroitelstva-v-moskve.html]ремонт квартир объявления[/url]