Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Aren't Some Things Better Left Alone?


Members Only has relaunched. Yes, you heard me correctly. They are going for another spin around the proverbial block - but this time they want to charge consumers about $950 for a snug jacket.


All those stupid magazine articles that tell you "if you haven't worn something in a year, throw it out or donate it" should be sued for advising you to rid yourself of valuable resurging memorabilia and fashion statement pieces. No, this is a lifelong lesson. Get rid of nothing. At some point even underwear with skid marks might make a comeback. At this rate, you really never know.


I am going to never get rid of a single article of clothing, shoe or accessory for as long as I live. This is the vow I make to my readerettes today. (Sorry, Husbandette) My Kazal sunglasses? Check. Stirrup pants? Check. Fingerless lace glove (singular; I only had one)? Check. Banana combs? Check. Hypercolor t-shirt? Check. 5-inch platform stripper shoes? Check (added bonus as these can aid me in a possible ego-boosting career change in the near future before my girls start to head south)


So...if like me you threw out your Members Only Jacket in '91, here's your chance to whisk away the next three month's 401k $ and get yourself a new one - available at Henri Bendel.


So fresh and so clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do these come in men's extra small? I'm looking for something tight for my embalming process.