Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day activities


My company finally did the right thing this year and gave us the day off for MLK day... so why you ask am I sitting at my desk in my office, not wearing pajamas and catching up on my DVR'd shows?! Well because my boss thought it was a busy week and the beauty team should come in to prep for all of our events. So here we are, all eight of us, we set our alarms, put on some makeup and braved the subzero temps and got our asses into the office today. It's not what MLK would have wanted I'm sure, but in his honor I'll do my best to try not to slack off the entire day.

For those of you who are not working and are considering how to spend today, here are some suggestions based on MLK's most popular speeches.

A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.
- Watch Oprah, her's is a program of social uplift if I ever saw one.

Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time.
- Practice yoga, it's a non-violent form of exercise and helps tighten your gluts.

We must combine the toughness of the serpent and the softness of the dove, a tough mind and a tender heart.
- Take your dog for a walk, but bundle him up because it's cold out there.

If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
- Take a trip down to Rice to Riches on Spring Street, their chocolate cheesecake pudding is "To Die For."

And try to do something nice for someone else today, today should be recognized as a day of service. My contribution is of course this site, as always you're welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, what does this blog have to do with nunchucks?