Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait

I am really ferklumpened today. That is my accelerated version of frustrated, fyi. I am developing a chip on my shoulder for the work force; more specifically, the peeps who seek out talent and then disappear post-interview/post-email-correspondence-feigning-interest. What is with the New York hiring tour-de-force? Are you soooo busy, Ms. Elitist Editrix that you can't show the courtesy after I trek to your way-inconvenient offices in the slushy gross NYC rain no less for a face-to-face and then even follow up with you with a sweet "thank you" note for taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with me and then you just fall off the face of the earth? After, mind you, you inflated my hopes by actually expressing to me in person what a "great match" I would be for your endeavors, and telling me that my writing style is incredibly "unique and marketable" and "exactly what you are looking for," why then do you do a disappearing act? Are you Houdini? Are you trying out for a David Blaine reality show? Or are you too important for follow-up correspondence? I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing fashion-y marketing copy, not finding a cure for cancer or handling White House security. Didn't realize how important you really were.


I mean it would be one thing if we slept together on our first interview and you thought I was "easy" and became uninterested after the fact - but since that ain't the case; lord knows I am no slutty project-seeker; I am wondering why the hiring game has become one of cat and mouse and grossly mirrors that of a guy trying to woo a girl into bed only to turn her down after she sleeps with him?


A big WTF is what I leave you with to ponder.

No comments: