Wednesday, January 23, 2008


With the strike in it's gagillianth week or so it feels, there's only so many Family Guy reruns you can watch before you need to branch out. My sister got me hooked on this crazy TLC show called "Jon & Kate plus 8." It's about this couple that had twins then tried for another baby using fertility treatments and ended up with sextuplets. They are crazy religious and had some rule about not reducing so they had all six. (It always surprises me that you have no problem with manipulating your body and going through intense treatments to get pregnant but then insist that it's god's will that you have a litter and won't reduce. But to each his own.)

So the show chronicles their life and it's total madness. At any given time there are kids crying, screaming, pushing, pooping, running, laughing - you get the picture. And the parents totally hate each other, they basically don't communicate unless they are barking orders at one another. But there is something sort of heart warming about them and I can't look away, it's like watching a car wreck. And it makes me happy for my life, with just my yappy dog to annoy me and a niece I get to visit at my leisure.

My other TV recos:

MTV: Real World / Road Rules Challenge: It's back in a big way, CT is crazy and drunk as ever and Beth's face looks like it's been hit with a hot frying pan even more times!

Project Runway: Fun to watch gay guys make clothes (Bummer though to find our big gay Rami from Israel isn't Jewish)

Moment of Truth: I'll let 2 fill you in on this one, but it's AWESOME.

Insider TV tip: for reruns of your favorite shows that you forgot to DVR, check out HULU, they've got the Office and SNL but also classics like Who's the Boss and I Dream of Jeannie, you have to register for the site.

No comments: