Tuesday, January 22, 2008

People Die Every Day

On a serious front. Life is short. Shorter for some than others; overdosing on drugs doesn't help. Reckless lifestyles don't help. Believing you are invincible certainly doesn't help. But in the end we ALL die. Obvious, I know - but hear a sister out.
A very dear friend of mine was a troubled drug addict. He has since passed on, and all I have are memories and pictures. No more phone calls. No more hysterical laughing fits. No more of anything new; only what has already been and what my brain is capable of remembering and what my photos remind me once were.
What is my point? Life is too short. Enjoy every fekking day like it's your last, and treat everyone you love as if it's their last day too. Because you just never know. Be eternally grateful for the people in your life who love you, support you, stand by you and listen to you wank on about life's mundane complexities. Each one of us has a support system - how fragile or solid each of our support systems are is a different story. But we each have one. Love it. Respect it. Nurture it. Appreciate it.
Big up...

No comments: