Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sore throat


I have very mixed feelings today. I've come down with a bit of a bug and have a sore throat, which is mildly uncomfortable and annoying. However - it makes my voice sound so cool! All of the sudden I sound mysterious and worldly, like I've traveled, I have a past , I have stories to tell and you'll want to hear them. Sick voice is so much better than high-pitched, whiney normal voice. (Yes, I am aware that Phoebe had the same issue on an old episode of Friends, and yet my current day situation is no less relevant.) So I'm spending the day calling friends, getting in touch with some folks I haven't talked to in while, making sure I linger at co-workers desks to discuss feedback on documents (thus also passing on my germs, and giving those bitches a reason to call out of work tomorrow)... I'm hoping it doesn't turn into full blown strep or anything but I do love my voice today. Maybe I'll smoke tonight to get it really good and damaged, and tomorrow I'll be even hotter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mouth is gross. Less talky, more tooth-brushy!