Sunday, January 6, 2008

Kvetchette movie reviews


I had a bad feeling about going to see Sweeney Todd this weekend, but in an effort to uphold my resolution to be more amenable and compromising, I decided to go ahead and against my better judgement give it a shot. Heck it had Johnny Depp, how bad could it be? Well it could be bad. It's partly my fault for not researching properly, but turns out it's a musical. Do you know how disappointing it is to sit down in a theater expecting a regular flick and they start singing, and then don't stop?! It sucks. The whole thing is really dark and depressing and gets really bloody in the end; I'm sure I'm not giving anything away by saying it doesn't have a happy ending. Save the 12 bucks and protect your teeth from those pesky popcorn kernels and watch My Cousin Vinny on HBO - it's classic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What kind of grits were they??"

"Uhhh, regulah... I guess."

Anonymous said...

"The two what? What'd you say?"

"The two 'utes. Utes."

"The two what? What is a 'ute?"

"Yoooooouthhhhss."

Anonymous said...

Agree wholeheartedly Ette1. And mr. pants - thanks for that bit of movie flashback fun.