Thursday, January 3, 2008

Weather.wrong


How many of you have planned a tropical vacation hoping to get away from subzero temps to bathe in the glow of equator-proximity powered (and ozone depleted) sunshine - only to have your hopes and dreams stomped on by weather.com?! Nearly every freaking vaca I go on, no matter how sunshiney the locale is said to be, weather.com tells me it's going to rain every single day. Of course the week before I arrive and the week I leave they predict bright skies without a wisp of a cloud, but the week I'm there, they have the dark cloud graphic and sad little raindrops, 60% chance everyday. And I'm not talking about, it rains everyday for 10 minutes in Hawaii type of prediction, I get the full blown monsoon, don't-even-bother-going type of report. I think somehow weather.com is in cahoots with travel insurance companies to get you to worry about rain and sign up for insurance as a back up in case the three days you actually get off from work during the year are a washout. Well, I'm pleased to say that weather.com, you did not win this time. Despite your sad and angry, basically made up prediction, I enjoyed 85 degree temps and the kind of sunshine that will give you skin cancer in less than 10 minutes. So there!

As a side note, I heard while I was away it was like 55 degrees here. Doesn't it annoy you to no end when you go away somewhere hot they end up getting a freak heat wave back home that you missed. You think you are enjoying the beach and warm weather while friends and family suffer at home and it kinda makes you feel good in a superior, ha ha, too bad for you, my life is better sort of way, when in fact they are wearing t-shirts and shorts in outdoor cafes in Jan. Admit it, you know you feel the same way. Anyway we're all suffering now, it's like no degrees outside, I feel like I should be working from home. Well blogging for that matter, since I'm not really working at this moment, but you know what I mean.

No comments: