Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Shirtless fun

Got a tip from a trusted reader with a fun post suggestion. In turn I suggested she post about said fun topic as a guest-ette-itor, and then she reminded me that "we complain so she doesn't have to." Thus I am compelled.

Here's her note:
Every morning I walk by the Abecrombie and Fitch on 5th and 56th on my way to work, and there is always a line around the corner waiting for the store to open. This has left me puzzled. Do people still shop there? Can't you do better in NYC? Why would tourists be flocking there? What about all their racist t-shirts?

Then she discovered that they have male models greeting guests. Here are a few:


We agree friend-ette, this is crazy, and raises lots of questions; you were right to call it out to us.

Are NYC women that hard up that they they'll wait in line just to see dudes with their tops off? I get waiting in line; we'll wait in line for the opening of a sample sale, we'll wait in line for pink berry, or better yet 40 carrots, but to just look at boys' nipples? What does this say about the guys we are currently involved with - do we not ever get to see them topless, is the sight so unactractive that we must seek out buffer, shinner, less hairy versions? And then once we see them, what's next? Girls don't react like guys, we don't get the same kind of satisfying little high at seeing nudity that they do. Now if they were naked and handing out 50% off coupons for Louboutins, then yes, I'd become a little faint and want to stick money down their pants, but otherwise, not so much.

So I won't be schlepping out to A&F. The clothes are only good for college frat parties, and are way overpriced for something I'm probably going to puke on. And as for hairless, semi-attractive males who stand around without clothes on and don't really contribute to the world, I've got my friend's cat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not what you said last night, Ette1. ;-)

Anonymous said...

How can you stick money down their pants if they're naked, retard.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Ette 1. As predicted, better than I could say it...

Anonymous said...

That has got to be the fugliest cat on record - my sincere condolences to the cat. And for the record - we are the experts on cat cutenicity